After 13 years and more than two billion active users, we’ve finally joined Instagram. Why now?
We’re always looking for ways to connect with the public that we serve, including those who may not have engaged with us previously through traditional channels. This platform provides another opportunity to give a more personal look into our work, people, and culture.
Our handle, @NewYorkFed, went live last week.
Among other topics, we’ll provide a unique perspective on:
- What it’s like to work at the New York Fedas an intern and full-time employee;
- The people behind our work;
- Our history, our landmark building, and fun historical tidbits from bygone eras;
- Engagement with and research on communities in our district; and
- Different pathways to becoming an economist.
While we may be a little late to the platform, we’re excited about what we have to share and hope you’ll follow along!
The views expressed in this article are those of the contributing authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of the New York Fed or the Federal Reserve System.